top of page

We Specialize in Family Law in Kelowna

Specialized Family Lawyers in Kelowna

Nothing matters more than family. Therefore, when you face family troubles that require legal intervention, you may also face stress, pain, and confusion. We assure you that these reactions are entirely normal.

When you experience these issues, turn to someone who cares and has extensive experience to back it up. The Heritage Law Group has family lawyers in Kelowna who can give you the personalized attention your situation requires. Whether you need help with child support cases, division of property, guardianship, or child access, our talented family lawyers in Kelowna are here to answer your questions and provide strategic feedback to help you.

Family Law in Kelowna and More

With employees from right here in Kelowna, The Heritage Law Group is proud to give legal advice and representation to residents of Kelowna and the Lake Country for various aspects of family law, such as separation and divorce. Our ties to the community are vital—we see our clients as friends and neighbours we care about.


As your trusted family lawyers in Kelowna, we offer a dedicated, personalized approach to all our family law cases in Kelowna.


Divorce and separation are serious matters. We help you understand your options.


Custody and access disputes affect some of the most sensitive and vulnerable people in your life—your children. We help you fight to get what’s best for your child.

common law

The Heritage Law Group treats your common law or cohabitation relationship respectfully and with dignity.


The following are some common questions our family lawyers receive regularly:

  • Who Gets Custody of My Children?
    In most cases, a biological or adoptive parent gets custody of the children. However, in some scenarios, third parties can apply to get custody. Some common examples of third parties who can get custody are grandparents, aunts, uncles, or step-parents. Usually, it is more challenging for non-biological and non-adoptive parents to take custody. Still, it is possible if they illustrate that it is in the child's best interests to do so. With regards to the parent who gets custody, it is usually the primary caregiver. To get a clearer idea, we recommend scheduling an appointment with us.
  • What Do I Do If My Spouse Is Not Paying Child Support?
    The Government has established a BC Family Maintenance Enforcement Program, which assists you in implementing child support obligations free of charge. The organization will need one of the following: A Court Order that demands a parent to pay child support. An Agreement is generally a separation agreement where the parties have delineated the terms of child support.
  • How Long Does It Take to Get a Divorce?
    Generally, a divorce in BC can take up to 12 months because you will have to be separated for that period to be eligible for divorce. However, a divorce can be expedited if: Your spouse has committed adultery. Your spouse has subjected you to mental and physical cruelty.
  • If I Move out of the Family Home, Do I Lose My Claim to Any Property Rights?
    No. There is no law of abandonment. Living together before separation can be difficult for many, and moving out may be the only option.

Family Lawyer in Kelowna

We are an experienced team offering a range of services.

Contact The Heritage Law Group today for a free initial consultation. You have nothing to lose and family stability to gain.

Choosing The Heritage Law Group: Unmatched Expertise and Personalized Family Legal Solutions in Kelowna

When seeking a Family Lawyer in Kelowna, look no further than The Heritage Law Group. We are committed to excellence, and our unwavering dedication to our clients sets us apart as the premier choice for family legal matters in Kelowna.

Expertise is the cornerstone of our practice. Our team of seasoned Family Lawyers brings knowledge and experience to every case, offering our clients the highest legal representation. With a focus on family law, our attorneys specialize in navigating the complexities of divorce, child custody, spousal support, and other familial legal issues. We comprehend the unique challenges that our clients face during these sensitive times, and we are here to provide compassionate and effective legal solutions.

What sets us apart is our approach, which is personalized. We recognize that every family is unique and tailor our strategies to meet each client's specific needs. Our Family Lawyers in Kelowna are committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients, whether through negotiation, mediation, or litigation.

As a trusted resource in the legal field, we also share valuable insights on family law through our blog page. Visit our blog for in-depth articles on various family law topics, providing the information you need to make informed decisions. At The Heritage Law Group, we believe that knowledge is power, and our blog is designed to empower you in your legal journey.

Choose The Heritage Law Group for unparalleled expertise, personalized service, and a commitment to achieving positive results for our clients. Your Trusted Family Lawyer in Kelowna is just a phone call away.

bottom of page